Friday, August 22, 2014

First letter from the MTC

The MTC is flipping amazing I am loving it here!!! It still hasn't quite sunk in that I am actually here! But I am loving it! So... getting kicked out at the curb was not as bad as I thought it would be. Now I am here! My Host was awesome! He was Elder Joseph and he is going to Pittsburg, Russia... made me think of JT! I got the Black badge of courage so now it is official. I am a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Then I got to meet my first companion! And guess who it was???? It was Elder Daugs who happens to be JT's cousin, who is going to the same mission as I am! He is pretty legit, and I am excited to learn and grow with him here at the MTC! So they had all of the new Missionaries get together in a big room and they had like a big welcome prep fireside thing! We got to meet the MTC president and his sweet wife, and they are just so awesome! The thing that struck home to me though was when we got to sing my favorite song, "We Will Bring the World his Truth" instead of it saying, "and we will be the Lord's missionaries . . ." it said, " And we are now the lord Missionaries to bring the world his truth!" It made me five times more happy to be here! I am loving this work! My P-day is on Thursday, I believe! I was able to get like 20 minutes to write today! This work is amazing, the MTC is amazing, and the Krispy cream donuts they gave us last night were amazing! Love ya fam!

Love, Elder Houghton

P.S.S I found two letters in my suitcase from two amazing younger sisters made my day!

P.P.S. Be sure to email me all your email addresses because I can't remember all of them! 


  1. Photo: Addison's MTC District
    MTC District

No comments:

Post a Comment