Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 13th Just Another Boring Week in the Mission Field


HAHA Just Kidding!

So much happened this week I don't even know were to begin.

OK well Tuesday we got to see "Meet the Mormons" with all of the missionaries in both the Buffalo North and South zone and Holy Cow wasn't it incredible! All of those stories were so inspiring and wonderful I was truly inspired to be a better person! I think every missionary was a little choked up at the end. That was just pretty sweet.

Also that morning President Francis called and asked if he could go with us after the show to see some of our investigators!! I was a little shocked and nervous, but let me tell you we had one of our best lessons so far. President Francis, in my eyes, is like the Prime Missionary! He asks the right questions and is always looking for clues to talk to people.  It was really cool getting to see him at work. It was just crazy.

That saddest part of this week though was that we had to give up the van. :( apparently some other Elders need it more that we do. It was a hard parting. I had grown so close to that van and now its gone. but I guess that's how mission life is so instead we got a Truck.  It might look more manly! But the van was better.

So we had an amazing Miracle happen this week. Basically a week ago a really sweet Catholic lady, that we had been visiting, invited us to come to one of their Prayer circle Groups things to talk about our Religious Roots or what it was like growing up as a Mormon. So we Gladly accepted! The meeting was at her home with about 8 other Catholic ladies, and it was by far the best thing I have been able to do on my mission!! We told them all about reading the scriptures each morning and night as a family and Family Home Evening (yes, I told them about our Houghton Title of Liberty) and also what it was like going to school. These ladies had lots of questions. It was just perfect because all of their walls were down and we got to just talk to them. Near the end we asked if they had any more questions and one of the ladies asked if she could get a Book of Mormon. We of course said yes thus causing a chain reaction and every one wanted one! It was wonderful!! We closed the meeting by singing "I know that my Redeemer lives" The spirit was very strong. I absolutely loved it!

The lady that invited us, she asked if we could help rake some of her leaves some time. Two days later we put on some service clothes and went to work. Her husband couldn't believe that she had asked us to help. However,  by the time we were done, he expressed that we are going to Heaven and that if Mitt Romney was like us then where would our county be now. haha I thought that was funny. They were very grateful that we came to help them and now they want to feed us dinner which I am super excited for! 
Ready to Serve
Yesterday during Gospel Principles a lady that hasn't been to church for a long time came in because she was sick and wanted a blessing. I got to anoint for the first time! You definitely have to be on your toes as a missionary because you never know when you will have to exercise the priesthood, or if the Lord will want you to do something.  We just have to make sure that we're worthy to do it!

I am so grate full to serve here! The Field is White and ready to harvest!

Love you all so much 
Elder Houghton!

Chill'n on the Erie Canal

No comments:

Post a Comment