Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October 20, 2014

Hello again! From the beautiful land of New York!



It never ceases to amaze me how different each week can be on a mission. Like before I came out I envisioned the same thing day after day! Ha, Was I wrong! Each day is a new adventure of new things, people and experiences and I absolutely love it!

Just the beginning of this week we had Elder Hamula a member of the quorum of the 70 come to speak to us missionaries! He is the one spoke in General Conferences during the Sunday morning session about the sacrament! It was incredible we got to ask him questions and then he would blow our minds with his answers!  and if that wasn't awesome enough I got to go up and lead us in the theme at the beginning of the meeting 
( D&C 4, the standard of truth and our purpose as a missionary). Oh if that's not cool enough-- Elder Walker, I and two other missionaries from my district got to sing the musical number! We sang An Angel From on High (one of those hymns that I've not heard a lot), acapella and let me tell you we sounded Awesome! And For the final kicker Brother Hamula interviewed a couple of the missionaries and I got to be one of them!  If you ever get the chance to be interviewed go in with a question that you want answered and he will answer it for you! :) It was such a good day, I learned so much and how I can improve. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement on my part. 
The rest of the week was pretty much awesome as well! 

Kriza committed to baptism! she said she feel like she is ready now but we are waiting for the 15th of November so that she can have enough time to have her husband get on board. 

This last Saturday we had this HUGE Family History Seminar that we have been preparing for a long time! Gandpa Houghton I think you would of really enjoyed it! It was A HUGE Success! The Entire Church was Packed full of non members that want to learn more about family history! We got to help direct the traffic like help people know where The Primary room or the High council room was or the most important one--- the bathroom! was to every one. We got to talk to a lot of people, two of the ladies from the Catholic group were there as well, And we got to talk to them, It was really funny, one lady made the comment of how she loves family history work so much and is so glad that our church has all of these resources but that she doesn't understand why she even cares at all.  The Spirit of Elijah is grasping the hearts of many throughout this world even those that are not of our faith and they have no idea! The Lord definitely is in charge! 
Miracles are happening every day here and I absolutely love it!
I love you all so much!
Love Elder Houghton


No comments:

Post a Comment