Saturday, April 4, 2015

March 30th 2015


Hello my dear family! 

Once again it is that time to let you know how incredible Bath New York is!  Needless to say it is awesome! 

We have been super busy! This week and we are seeing miracles happen! Tuesday was one of the weirdest days so far of my mission. It was actually warm, and I think this warmer weather is warming the hearts of the people we are meeting with on the streets or by tracting! We met 4 potential investigators which is a lot compared to the rest of the winter! One we met tracting was kind of abrasive at first, but we boldly testified of why we were here and that we knew this Gospel to be true. He then opened up and was a super nice guy. He talked to us for thirty minutes and invited us to come back anytime! ( I was like—wait- what? He asked us to come back?!) :)

I learned something really cool this week as well! I am serving in the Cradle of aviation! We went to the Curtis museum by Hammondsport.  I did not realize that where I am serving is where aviation took off! Grandpa Houghton you would of loved the museum-- just saying! I also don't think it a coincidence that it is only an hour away from the Cradle of the Restoration!






We got to go back to Mark's, (he is the dairy farmer). We went and did some service over there which was just awesome! I got to hand feed a calf! It was pretty sweet! They love that Elder Gibby is a pig farmer and connected really well with him! Then they asked what I did before the mission. When they found out that we sell mermaid tails they just laughed and laughed they thought that was one of the coolest and weirdest things! 

We had Zone Conference this week as well, it was at the Palmyra stake center, which is situated about 1/2 a mile from the Sacred Grove! Yeah, I have the coolest mission in the world! At the conference they introduced to us the Easter initiative! the #becausehelives. We have probably  now watched that video about 25 times! After zone conference we dropped by the Granden Press building. Thursday was 185th anniversary since the Book of Mormon was published!  Then even after all of that we went to the temple to do a session! We were on a spiritual high that day! I loved it! It still blows my mind that I get to have the sacred privilege of serving here! 


One thing is that I find it very difficult to write some the my experiences from this week. We have had some very special experiences with one of our investigators and one of our members, where they really opened up to us. I don't think I can write what happened  during those lessons but I will say that the Spirit was very strong, and my eyes where opened again. I was touched by how much trust some of these people have in us. I mean we are only two 18, 19 year olds, and we are seeing people that are much older than us, who seek to find guidance through us. I say "through" because I know that it is not me that these people are learning from but it is through the Power of the Holy Ghost that is touching these people.It is just a very sacred experience for me to be a part of it.
Love the Badge! 
Hurrah for Israel!
Love,
Elder Houghton
   
 1. The work will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent!
 2. America!
 3.Home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment