Thursday, November 5, 2015

November 2nd 2015



Happy Halloween!

We have had a great, fast, full, crazy, and busy week.
And can I just say that I love the YSA! This branch is just incredible
and I love the members and they are all around my age, so it is just
so much fun serving with them cuz they are all my friends all people I
will totally hang out with them all when I get home!

Wednesday it just rained all night and
into the morning and all day it was just so wet. Water was everywhere!
Well we had parked in the worst part of our parking lot! There was a
good three inch puddle around our truck and when we backed out it
looked like a boat going through a wake. It was crazy. Well we went to
University of Buffalo for our UB booth. So we were there trying to talk to people, and
this one girl stepped in and was standing in front of
our booth putting her umbrella away. So I just started talking to her
about how wet it was and just told her about that experience getting
into our car. She just looked at me and said,  "ok so I am going
through a hard break up with my boyfriend right now and my friend told
me to pray and I haven't, and I am just taking this as a sign so tell
me what your all about!" I was like ok, so told her about the restored
gospel and she is interested in learning more it was so cool! And the
miracle about it was before I was really praying that the Lord would
help lead those who are prepared to us and that we would be able to
recognize them. It was really funny and it was awesome!

 We have had a huge miracle happen here and it is kind of a long
story because I haven't said anything about him. So about 3 weeks ago
the elders serving in the another ward had gotten a referral from a
young man. He had investigated the church a little bit
in Montana and he wanted to come to our YSA branch, but the Sunday he
came he came early and went to the family ward. It looked like people
were fellowshipping him pretty well and said he wanted to come to our
sacrament meeting but before church started we saw him walk outside
so we ran out and let's just it was a very interesting experience. He
had told us he didn't feel comfortable in the ward and how he didn't
know if this was the church for him. So we just talked to him for a
good twenty minutes we boldly testified that this was Christ true
church, of the Book of Mormon and how much we loved him. And then we
said a prayer with him and told him that we would love him to come again.
And then he left. Later that night we got a call from Anthony
Saying he wanted to give it another try. So he came to our sports
night, he came to Institute, he went to the YSA dance they had, he
came to church again, and in that short time he told us how he had
gained a witness of the Book of Mormon, and he felt so much love from
the members of the branch. It was amazing to see the change in this
young man, and he really has had it very hard these past weeks as well
he has been falsely accused of things and was kicked out of the place
he was living and had to move and live on his own. 


This last week he met with those elders again and said he wanted to set a baptismal
date. So he will be baptized this next Saturday! And I am so excited
for him! It has been such a miracle! Also from this experience I have
grown to appreciate the members of the branch so much! They have been
so willing to help give of there time to help give him rides because
it has made such a difference! It has just inspired me for when I go
home I just want to be the best member missionary I can be!

Also it sounds like you had a great Halloween! We got to go to the
temple with our branch, let just say it was a great way to spend
Halloween! We had to be inside after 6 so we had our district meeting.
It was a really fun meeting.

Sunday the whole stake presidency came and reorganized our branch
presidency, it was quite the surprise and it was a pretty emotional
meeting but I am exited for our new branch presidency! We are going to
see some great things happen!
Miracles are happening!
Love

Elder Todd Houghton

Where the buffalo wild wings originated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment