Sunday, March 6, 2016

Beautiful Cold City of Rochester February 15th 2016

Hello from the Beautiful cold city of Rochester!

I hope your all staying warm! we got some cold temperatures come this
weekend but that should be about it and it should hopefully warm up this
week! With that I have had such an interesting week!


I am now in Rochester and my companion is Elder Detlor! He is such a
fantastic missionary! He is from Albuquerque New Mexico and is a great
seas. I have been learning so much from him and we have been getting
work done. I am still in a YSA branch but it is always different
coming to a new area.


 Wednesday we had to go and give several
trainings. we left at 7:20 am and finished at 5:30pmThen we had enough 
time to go and help a less active named Charley move some stuff! But
the real miracle was that he came to church!


We have also been working with our investigator and she is doing
so well, she got sick this week and so we offered to help her if she
needed any thing, and she said she would of liked a Lemon and some
tea. We hadn't taught her about the word of wisdom yet:)  We went to
the store and picked up a lemon and some herbal tea! It took us for
ever to even find it! ... I don't think I have ever bought herbal
tea before so as we were wandering the aisles of Walmart looking for
this herbal tea, and at one point Elder Detlor stopped and was "hey I
think that is Paco!"  We talked to this  guy that elder Detlor
had met before.   He told us that he and his girlfriend, who is
actually from Orlando Florida, was up in the area for the weekend and
they told us that they were coming to church on Sunday! It was kind of
a cool little miracle. And then we took the herbal tea over to
our investigators house and had such a good lesson with her! And Paco did come to
church! So we were happy about that!


Saturday -the day it was really cold, I got to go on exchanges back in
Pittsford! It was such a great day. We couldn't stay outside very long
but we were able to go and see several of the people I got to work
with while I was there. We went and met with Linda again and it was so
good to see her again.  She has been progressing very well. it was great
seeing her again, and apparently it was her birthday so that was kind
of neat! We also went to a baptism while we were there and I was able
to see many of the members from the Pittsford ward again! I love them
all so much! It really made me so happy!


I sure love you all! And hope you Have a great week!
Love
Elder Todd Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment