Tuesday, December 2, 2014

That's not the language they Taught me in the MTC. Dec. 1, 2014

Dearest family and beloved friends

I hope you all had a magnificent day of Thanksgiving because I did but
I will admit it felt really weird not being with you for it. This was
both mine and Elder Scott's first Thanksgiving one the mission field
and we both just felt a little weird about it but it was really good.
So Thursday morning we started by walking up early (like 6) and went
with the the ASL elders to play some basketball at the church---still
terrible at it. And after that the stake had a Turkey Bowl in 3'in. of
snow. We went and played with with them two hand touch of course.
But it was so much fun! I don't think I have played football since
last last Thanksgiving! It was kind of crazy how a whole year has past
by since then. After an awesome game in the snow! We got cleaned up.
Did our studies we watched the Joseph Smith movie! I was reminded how
lucky I am that I am literally only 20 minutes away from where it all
started!

We then had dinner at the Pulley's, members from our ward, it was
my first time meeting them and they are a great family and dinner was
delicious!  Afterwards we got to play ping pong. It was a day to be
Thankful for! The the rest of the week we were busy doing a bunch of
missionary Work. We did Lots of contacting this week because 90% our
appointments canceled on us. We just get to meet tons of people it's
great!

One of the great things of this mission is Facebook! I love looking
for things we can do for creative post! I still find it crazy that all
time I spent on Facebook was actually preparing me for this mission!:)
My favorite this week was making the #ShareThe Gift in the snow. It
took a lot of skill and directing but I think we reached perfection!

Missions really are great and no matter how much I miss all of you!
There is no place I would rather be than here! Sharing this wonderful
gift with everyone we meet! It is a great and marvelous work!

I love you all a ton!

Elder Todd Houghton



No comments:

Post a Comment