Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Back in Buffalo October 12th 2015

Hello My Name is Elder Houghton and I would like to share with you this most amazing Book!

It's so good hearing from all of you! It sure sounds like you are having some amazing missionary experience back at home! That is so awesome!

This week has been weird for me. That is the best way to describe the  feelings I have had. A lot of it has to do with going back to an area that I served in literally a year ago. I feel like I never left except now I have a lot more experience under my belt. It has also been weird because I am serving with Elder Tomlinson who I  graduated with from back at home! We have, some nights, talked about everyone we know from back at home and we know everyone we are talking about. Elder Tomlinson is such a solid missionary and I am learning so much from him-- it is great. Third reason as to why this week has been "Weird" is because I am now serving in the Young Single Adult Branch for all of Buffalo, and it is a completely new world! First night I was here we went to the UB campus (University of Buffalo) to have our ward correlation meeting with our ward mission leader. He is super cool and is like only a few years older than us. I get to work with a bunch of people my own age and it is extremely different for me but I am so excited because we have so many great things lined up! 

So cool experiences, Wednesday we do what we call the UB Booth where we got to go to the The College and in one of their main buildings got to set up a information desk. There was so many people just going in and out, and I felt like a fish out of water, but It was so much fun we would have people come up and we could tell them all about Mormon's.
I have had an investigator take us out for Donuts.
I have been able to participate in the branches sport's night.
I have gone apple picking for a branch activity, that was really fun.
I have gone to institute.
I have gone and had Duff's Buffalo Chicken wings, so good! 
We made a ham. and had mashed potatoes with it was so good. 
We also made a chili for our branches,"break the fast"  after church, we called it Hamtastic Elders Chili. We put ham in it and anything else we could find. It surprisingly turned out pretty good!
Church during sacrament meeting was the quietest meeting I have ever attended.
Its just weird because I feel like I am doing many things that I would do back at home.
Really this week has just been awesome! 
I hope everything is going great for all of you! And I love you all!
Love 
Elder Houghton

1 Ne 8:10-12

Sharing the donuts with the district

Making a ham dinner!!

 Apple Picking with the branch!

da Homies

No comments:

Post a Comment