Friday, August 28, 2015

August 24th 2015

Hello again my most dear and wonderful family!

I should have you know that I have been slightly freaking out for the past 24 hours. "Why" you might ask, well it is because another transfer is over, and that means transfer calls. And that means the potential of leaving this awesome area! I was especially nervousness because just  this last week are seeing so many miracles! The members are reaching out to us more and we are seriously super busy!  I was really scared that I might leave and be  transferred . Well after some pleading with the Lord last night, the calls came in and we are staying!!! I am so happy! So now we have so much work to be done and I am so stoked! 

Let me tell you of some the sweet miracles we have seen this week! Well, one is that we have been really trying to go and meet with all of the members of the ward and we have been practicing teaching.  This is really effective so far and many many of the members  are becoming more comfortable with us.  There are some that have friends that have some potential so we are going to try and meet up with them! 

Saturday though was the kicker of crazy days, We started by going and doing service for a sweet lady that's over 85 years old named Momma T.  We  got to trim her hedges,( i think we looked kind of weird trimming bushes in our white shirts and ties! I think I might start a business called "Formal Landscaping) any who, we got to have lunch with her.  She has had a lot of contact with missionaries in the past and has a lot to do with the community so we think by working with her it will help us reach out more to the community!

After we spent time with her we went over to see if Rada was home but when we got there, only her mom was there( who is from the Ukraine and knows next to zero English so for a good twentyish minutes we just tried talking with her by signing and stuff, Because of it she called Rada and we were able to set up an appointment with her that night, which was good because she hadn't been answering our calls. That lesson was really good we had a member come with us and it was awesome to see him bear testimony with Rada of how the Book of Mormon will change her life! It was awesome! Rada wants to go to the sights with us this up coming week! So we are excited about that!

We had plans  to go  and see a less active brother in the ward, and then to drive down to  Honeyoe Falls in the southern part of our area. Well, I was driving and without even realizing it, we were already half way to the Honeyoe Falls. Well, we were like well it's to late now and so we just went to see everyone we had planned to see, And it was the oddest thing. Everyone was home! We set up future appointments, contacted some referrals ( who weren't interested but who cares they were home so we could know!) 

The coolest part though was there is some members that live in an apartment complex that we have been visiting a lot, and from our many visits we have met several of their neighbor that we have given Book of Mormons to! Well we went to see Shannon who said she was interested in learning more, so we took sister Rosario with us and Shannon wasn't home, but her Mom, Debbie was! Well she told us that she was very catholic (and if it was only us, it would of been left at that) BUT sister Rosrio bore awesome testimony to her of the Book of Mormon and how it has helped her so much, in essence Debbie let us in we talked about the Book of Mormon with her, and she committed to read it! So weren't supposed to meet Shannon at that time we were supposed to meet Debbie! So cool!

Sunday we got to sing a musical number with the sister missionaries in the ward, we sang I feel my savior love, it went very well, ( I was so nervous I was practically shaking on the inside) after church we were basically running around trying to work with and talk to the members! It was so cool! I seriously love this area, I love the members! I love how the Lord is able to put us where we need to be even if it means giving us a stupper of thought. I love this work! I love you all, and I am grateful that I have the coolest member missionary parents! I am so excited for Nicole and I am keeping her in my prayers!   I truly do feel my Savior's  love and am glad to share it with others freely! Have a great week!

Love you Tons!

Hurrah for Israel!

Love
Elder Todd Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment