Monday, December 14, 2015

Happy Holidays!! December 14th 2015

Hello everyone!

 I hope you are all getting into the Christmas spirit! I have been
loving it. We may have been having a Christmas season but it feels more like
a cool summer day outside right now, not what I would normally expect
in the winter!

We have been having so much fun this past week it is almost hard to
consider this work!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I love the new satchel
bag! I am feeling very classy now! Wednesday was a really good day I
got to go on an exchange with Elder Littlefield, he is a great
missionary that goes home this week. We had an awesome day, we got to go to UB
and did our booth and we had a big sign that said "A Savior is born!" It looked pretty legit!
We do the booth with the sisters so before we left we found our truck
had been plastered with balloons and confetti, and candy, it was a
nice surprise and not one I expected to get out on the mission. :)
 Elder Littlefield is going home so he took us elders out for
dinner at the Cheesecake Factory it was phenomenal! We also went
caroling to our investigators.  The first family we went to was the
sisters investigators who are the parents of a member that lives in
Utah.  We sang one song then they invited us in, and we're just so
happy. Then, they were so funny they called their son and told him
that they had a bunch of Mormon missionaries  in their home.  It was pretty funny. They
ended up being the only family we were able to Carol to! But it was
all worth it!

Saturday was awesome! We got to see Mercedes again! She is the one we
had taught on Thanksgiving. We were going to
teach the Plan of Salvation but when we got there  the thing we
were going to show her wasn't with us and then also it just didn't
feel right so we ended up having an awesome lesson on Christmas and
showed the video, "what would the world be like if there wasn't a
 Savior!" It's the one the church made! And I love it! If you haven't
seen it go to Christmas.mormon.org and watch it! We had a great lesson
with her and the Spirit was really strong. She is going back home to
Spain for a month. But I am excited to see her when she gets back!
Saturday night was also our branch Christmas party! We had it at a
member of the stake presidencies home and it was really nice! Like mom
you would want to see this house! They had all the members of the YSA
branch come and it was so much fun! We got to give the devotional on
Christmas! So much fun!
Also I have done more singing this week then I have my whole mission!
We, the missionaries, did a musical number for the sacrament meeting. We sang
"Brightly Beams" with "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" two of my favorites
in one and it sounded pretty Good! Then our stake had its Christmas
music concert and our branch had to pull together a musical number. We
switched what we were going to sing about four times. We pulled it
together at the last minute.

 We have been seeing lots of really cool miracles! Several people we
have been meeting with, have been progressing really well!  I just love
it!

 Sadly, the transfer calls have come again and they are taking my companion
away.  I am so sad. Elder Tomlinson is going off  to train a
new missionary.   I am getting Elder Glenn! Which I am also excited
for! We were in the MTC together so I am excited to be companions with
him!

 I love you all so much and hope you all have a great week!

Love

Elder Todd Houghton
The Buffalo zones with Elder Schwitzer!


 Our branch Christmas party
Wearing our super cool Christmas sweaters

 





3 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment