Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year

Hello again my Family! Wow It feels like I haven't written you since LAST YEAR!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and that you have all set
some good goals for the year of 2016. I have set some goals for my
self. First thing is I am going to read the New Testament, Book of
Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants before I finish the mission! And
second I am going to run a marathon this year! If you know of any good
marathons going on in November or December of 2016 feel free to sign
me up. If any of you would like to run you are welcome to join me! :)

We have been having so many great experience this week! Wednesday we
went to the sites with Jesús! I was so excited, I guess you know I am
a missionary when I was more excited to go to the sites than I was for
Christmas. Haha! Well it was probably one of the most interesting site
trips I had been on just because Jesús is an interesting man. It was
good but he fell asleep during the Restoration, and then while we were
in the grove we were trying to make it a strong spiritual experience
but he kept bringing up random things  other then that everything else went well.
I think he had a good experience. Then we also helped him move to
 his new apartment the next day, and met his roommate John.
 We had a lesson with them and John was awesome!
 He said he would read the Book of Mormon, and found
everything interesting! And then Jesus came to church again this
Sunday!  So I guess you could say thing are going well. :)

We had another great experience with Chris. We  had a lesson
at his place and he said, "OK I will say it!" And he said the opening
prayer! I was astounded! The rest of the lesson flowed beautifully
from there!

New Year's Eve we had dinner at Olive Garden which was amazing! Then
we went to bed at 10:30 pm like normal. So that was exciting. All in all
it was a great week!

I hope you have a great week! I love you all!
Happy new year!
Elder Todd Houghton
1. On the hill with the Matt Donner.
2.  Jesús



No comments:

Post a Comment