Friday, January 29, 2016

Teach Repentance and Baptize January 25, 2016

Hello Hello everyone!


I hope you all had a fantastic week where ever you might have been.
Here in Buffalo things have just been balmy! It is amazing how every week is just so different and full of different experinces, I wish I could tell you everything but that will just have to what till I am back.
Things are going really well we have had a few roller coaster experiences lots of highs and lows, and it has been keeping us on our toes. 

In case you didn't hear there was a World Wide Missionary Broadcast where every Missionary in the world attended for the largest zone conference ever. It was really cool to be a part of it! They Focused entirely on Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts. Several members of the quorum of the Twelve were apart of our zone conference and it was so good. I loved how straight forward and simple they were in their training. The Gospel is so beautifully simple, All we have to do is do our best, keep the commandment, follow the Spirit, be obedient, and teach simply of our Savior Jesus Christ and of the Power of Repentance! We can never speak too much of our Savior. We need to always have his name on the edge of our lips. I know we will see great things as we follow their council! I really felt inspired this week!

I saw another amazing miracle on exchanges this week. I was in North Tonowanda and while we were there a member called us up because he needed some help to move a projection TV from an old friend of his. Then Member Mike felt that he needed to call his old neighbor Rob that he hadn't seen in over two years,  Since he had last  seen Rob he had Joined the Church. As he was catching up with Rob he told him that he was now a Mormon and Rob was interested in learning more about it.  Mike said he would give him a Book of Mormon also Rob had a big TV that he was trying to give away which Mike was willing to take.. and that is where we came in.  We went over and moved this massive TV but it didn't fit in our car, so we had to wait for someone with a truck to come to pick it up. While we were waiting we basically taught Rob the First Lesson and it was fantastic! This man is so cool.  He has had a huge turn around in his life. He used to be a famous rock star. If you have ever heard the Song "Rock the Boat" he was the drummer for it. I think it was A one hit wonder or something like that. Rob had great questions and the coolest part was right as we were about to finish the lesson the member with a truck pulled up, it was perfect timing! I love those experiences.

We also took another trip up to the sites on Saturday! It was the branch temple trip but every one that was going to go to the temple canceled so instead we just had a sites trip with Nanii and Anthony. It was a great experience and both of them really like it! The spirit there is amazing, but Something that really struck me was when we walked out of the Grove, I asked Nanii what she was feeling and Nanii said to me "it feels the same in the Grove as it does in church." I found that so profound.It really is the same Spirit, and you don't have to travel to Palmyra to feel that Spirit. It can touch your heart any time you let it in! 

This Gospel is true! I know Joseph Smith was a Prophet, And I know that it is through Jesus Christ that we can Repent and become clean again!

I love you all! Hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Todd Houghton



The Palmyra Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment