Thursday, July 21, 2016

Happy Father's Day June 20th 2016

Hello Everyone!


Happy Father's Day Dad! I can't thank you enough for your great example to me and for all the things I have learned from you! I hope you had a great breakfast yesterday, and had some good brownies after church! :)


Today officially starts my last transfer! It has blown my mind how fast this past transfer has gone. So much has happened in such a short period of time this area has had a complete 180 degree turn! I am so excited to continue to see more wonderful miracles that are in store for this next transfer!

We had a neat experience last Monday night. We were exchanging with the Dansville Elders in our district and so the middle point was at the Hornell Elders Apartment. We got there a little early and there was a beautiful sunset, so we decided we would run up the hill and try to get a better view. We succeeded and saw a beautiful sunset! We started walking back, when a lady sitting in front of her apartment said, "hello", so we went over and showed her the pictures we had just taken.  This got us onto a great conversation! Her name was Amber and as we were talking to her a young girl about 10 years old came out with her dad and said "My dad said that you go around selling church to people and so I just wanted to ask what are you guys all about?" We were Blown away but such a great question. For the next thirty minutes Elder Cummings and I did a tag team. I was talking to Amber and her Husband who later came out, and Elder Cummings was talking to this girl and her father! It was great and both were very open with having missionaries come over! When we got back to our car the other elders were freaking out thinking that we were kidnapped because we had accidentally left the phone in the car and the door was open. We thought we were only going to be 30 seconds so we didn't think about it when we left. but all was well and now Hornell has two solid families to start teaching! :)


The Beautiful Sunset


Then Next day on exchanges we saw miracle after Miracle and found so many people that were interested in learning more. That evening we had about an hour before we were going to exchange back. We were walking on the street past a church when a couple pulled up next to us and asked if we were missionaries. We said we were and they said that they were having a missionary night at their church and invited us to go with them. We figured why not, and went with them, Sam, the Husband, was wearing a Houghton College shirt so we immediately had a great connection for reasons I am sure you could guess! :) it was very interesting! They had a Preacher come from the Czech Republic to show us how the church is growing in the Czech Republic. It was nice, but I will be honest compared to what I know this church can offer it really didn't show much. for example, one idea of missionary work they had was instead of a Sunday service at church they had a bowling service to get non believers to come.  Before we left the couple that invited us said a prayer for us.   They put their hands on our shoulders and blessed us that we would have success. It was neat. 

Thursday we had our interviews with President Francis and that was a wonderful experience. He only has a little over a week left and he has done so much for this mission and for me, I really can't say enough good about him!

On Sunday we went up to Palmyra because there was a musical Fireside and I had been roped into doing a musical number. I was planning on doing a duet with one of the members from our branch but he wasn't able to do it, so I was all on my own. I Got to sing one of my favorite hymns from the Primary song book  "If the Savior Stood beside me" It was a wonderful experience and the spirit from that meeting was powerful. On the drive down to Wellsville we got to see the Fireflies come out and they were shining in the fields and the trees! It was amazing. There are so many wonderful things going on here! The work is moving froward! Miracles are happening every day!
I hope you all have a great week!
Love 
Elder Todd Houghton


My fearless district


No comments:

Post a Comment